Monday, August 1, 2011

Mixed Up Monday- New Month, New Challenge & OOTD

Good morning!  Hope everyone had a fabulous weekend.  It's the first day of a new month which is when I like to reflect on my spending habits from the past month.  I decided this morning I am challenging myself to not shop for any clothes for the entire month.  I'm not making this decision because I went overboard with shopping last month.  I've just realized that I have a lot of stuff in my closet. 
When I first started reading fashion blogs, about a year ago, I would buy a lot of clothes to recreate the outfits that I saw.  I toyed with the idea of doing  Kendi's 30 for 30 challenge.  But I didn't think I was quite ready for that, and I still don't think I am.
I feel like August would be a good time to take on this challenge.  It's still really hot here and very much summertime.  So I'm not itching to buy fall clothes yet, but I'm sure I will be next month.
So in order to make this official and hold myself accountable I am announcing a "Shop My Closet Challenge" for the month of August.  I hope to discover items I haven't worn in awhile, use what I have to recreate others' outfits, and learn to shop wisely.  This just means that I will learn what sort of "staples" my closet is missing.  Wish me luck.  Anyone wanna join?
Now I'll leave you with an outfit from the weekend.  We went to dinner with friends at a casual sushi restaurant and then out for drinks.
dress- Victoria's Secret; belt- F21; shoes- random store in the mall

Hope everyone has a fabulous day!
XO- Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!