Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Day 3- Pattern Mixing


My very first attempt at pattern mixing was for EBEW.  It still makes me really nervous so I went with a very neutral bottom. 
top- Ann Taylor outlet; skirt- Target; shoes- DSW; necklace- F21
The very first thing I noticed after looking at these pics is how EXTREMELY white and pasty I am.  I had a tan a few weeks ago from the beach.  What happened?!  I then realized I shouldn't wear these shoes without a tan, because they blend in.
I love this skirt.  It's really comfy, goes with almost anything, and it was $7 from Target's clearance rack!

I attempted to take my pictures outside this morning to get better lighting.  BAD IDEA!  Well, it is 90 degrees at 7 am with 75% humidity.  So it took 5 minutes to get all of the fog off my lens.  Then I was sweating and my hair started to frizz.  So I had to come back in, cool off, and put my hair up.  By that time I had to leave without eating breakfast!  I won't be doing that again in the summertime.  It was a disaster!  Take a look...
Fred's head was in the way and my grass is really tall!
Take a look at the other participants here!
XO-Heather

6 comments:

  1. I still think you look great! I love this outfit! I would totally wear it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fun challenge indeed! Love your combination.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a newbie pattern mixer too, but I think you nailed this look! I'm loving your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you did a fantastic job mixing the prints! It isn't an easy task! The stripes and the neutral plaid skirt look nice together! Sorry to hear it was so darn hot outside...yikes!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!