Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Tasty Tuesday- Italian Chicken Skillet

I made this last night, and I forgot to snap a picture.  I was starving so I couldn't wait to eat.  I got to recipe from readyseteat.com, but I altered it a bit.  This isn't really a healthy recipe.  The fat content is kind of high, but it was delicious.

Italian Chicken Skillet
calories per serving: 400; total fat: 20g (estimates based on the original recipe and what i added)
1 Serving= 1/2c pasta, 1.5c chicken mixture
Ingredients:
  • 1 c dry orzo pasta, uncooked
  • Non-stick spray
  • 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
  • 1 bell pepper, cut into strips
  • 1/2 red onion, chopped
  • 2 small zucchini
  • 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano, drained
  • 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce with basil, garlic, and oregano
  • 1/2 tub of Philadelphia Italian Cheese & Herb cooking creme
Cook pasta according to package, leave out the saltSpray large nonstick skillet with cooking spray, and cook chicken until no longer pink
Add all other ingredients, bring to a boil, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes.
Serve chicken mixture over pasta .
mine looked similar.  this pic is from kraftbrands.com

Let me know if you try this!  It's really good.
XO-Heather                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!