I am a beauty product junkie. So this could actually be a good thing for me. It should cut out on the amount of stuff that I buy if I start to be more particular about the ingredients.
This all started when I was browsing QVC's website one day. I don't think I realized that Tarte products were all natural. So this peaked my interest.
I've absolutely LOVED their Lights, Camera, Lashes Mascara for a long time. I've repurchased this mascara several times. I also own the Amazonian Clay 12 hour blush in Dollface. I love this too. I think I just happened to buy that b/c a lot of blush oxidizes on my skin and turns colors throughout the day. I'm not one to touch up my makeup. I don't want to have to. So I like long-wearing products. I've never tried anything else from them though.
I found the Tarte The Miracle of Maracuja 7-pc Skin Smart kit for $65. The kit includes:
- 0.01-oz Cashmere Waterproof Gliding Liner in Black Bark
- 0.12-fl oz Maracuja Divine Shine Lip Gloss in Pouty, a brightening pink shade
- 0.2-oz Through the Grapevine Eye Shadow Quad with Valley, a shimmering white shade; Rose, a rose pink shade; Berry Blend, a raspberry shade; and Grape, a plum shade
- 0.28-oz Maracuja Creaseless Concealer in Fair, Light, Medium, Tan, or Deep
- 0.24-oz Lights, Camera, Lashes! Mascara in Black
- 0.19-oz Airblush Maracuja Blush in Shimmering Pink
- 1.7-fl oz Pure Maracuja Oil
I don't have problem skin at all but I do have dry/ combo skin. I don't ever break out, but my skin is really dry and then I get oily cheeks/forehead by the end of the day.
So then I was intrigued to try more Tarte products. I went to Sephora Friday night to ask for a sample of their Amazonian clay 12 hour foundation. I really wanted to try out the colors and see if it would last on me all day.
QVC has the foundation and a foundation brush for only $38. The sample Sephora gave me was actually a good bit of product! You only need a tiny bit for really good coverage. So I think it will last me a while. I've worn it twice and I love it! I don't need to use powder or anything.
So this has me going through my makeup drawer and skincare routine to see what I can clean up. I figured I would do the best that I can- where I can... Just like I do with food... I picked up another item at Sephora Friday night too that I will review soon.
Anyone have any natural beauty products/ brands to recommend? I'm now obsessed with finding new stuff. But I can't break the bank in the meantime!