Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Day 2 of 5DSD

So I survived Day 1 of the 5dsd! I stuck to the plan perfectly! I felt great at the end of the day. I wasn't hungry at all.  I actually probably didn't eat enough for the day.  For my second workout yesterday I ran around the local college campus for a total of 2 miles with a friend after work.  It was a lot hotter than I thought!  I took this pic while trying to cool off a little in my car.
I started this morning off with a HIIT run for about 20 minutes.  I warmed up for 3 minutes then sprinted for 1 minute, walked and/or jogged for 1 minute, then repeated about 8 times. Then I walked back home to get ready for work!  It was hard sprinting like that at 5:30 in the morning. I was exhausted afterwards! 
 After stretching and cooling down a bit I had to get ready for work.  Then eat breakfast.  On Sunday night I made a batch of protein pancakes for the week.  So all I had to do was heat it up in the microwave.
So my M1 was a protein pancake topped with strawberries and honey and a Meta-D drink (a TIU drink that helps with pH levels and metabolism for the day).  Obviously I like to break out the good dishes for pics! :)

When I got to work I had a couple cups of coffee with So Delicious Coconut Milk creamer.  That run wore me out this morning.  When running I never focus too much on time.  I'm happy with 12 mins/mile or under.  So having to exert that much energy so early in the morning was rough.   

Here's my plan for the rest of the day:
M2: fuji apple
M3: same as yesterday- Teriyaki Tempeh collard wrap- I made enough for 2 meals when I made it on Sunday
M4: smoothie from my NutriBullet of spinach, cucumber, banana, and apple

I'll be doing a 1 hour Body Pump class tonight after work.  This is my last week at the gym. I cancelled my membership to save some money and workout at home.   
                                  
M5: quinoa stuffed portobello mushrooms topped with sauteed spinach, bell peppers, and nutritional yeast and some steamed or roasted asparagus.  This pic was from last night.  My meals aren't very exciting this week. I'm eating a lot of the same things all week.  I just doubled my recipes so its easier for me.  Plus, I typically still cook the husband a separate meal each night. So in order to save a little money and my time I am repeating a lot this week.  
Last night killed me because I put some good ole red beans and rice in the crock pot for him.  They smelled amazing!!!!  Normally I would just eat that, but I'm sticking to this slim down.  I can do anything for 5 days!  I'm already 1/2 way through the 2nd day! 

Happy Tuesday everyone!  

XO-Heather

2 comments:

  1. cant wait to see how the week goes!! i want more details of all this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Genius to make the pancakes ahead of time. I never thought of that. Doy.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!