Thursday, September 22, 2011

Three Things Thursday- The Beauty Edition

This week I've got some of my fave beauty products for you!
source
 1.  BirchBox-
For $10 auto-drafted out of your account each month you receive 5 deluxe beauty samples!  Sometimes I even get full size products too!  You can take surveys of the products to receive points to purchase the full-size version.  If you buy during that month you received it you get free shipping too.  All of the products come adorably wrapped in pink tissue paper with a cute note that tells you about each product.  I've gotten some really great products that I would've never been able to try before.  Each month I'm so excited to get into my box and use everything that I keep forgetting to snap a picture for you guys!  You can sign up here.  You can also cancel it at any time.

source
2.  Urban Decay Naked Palette
$48- This is normally more than I spend on makeup.  I am a major bargain shopper.  But about 6 months ago I found myself frustrated with all of the eyeshadows I had gotten for free at CVS and Walgreens, and I had some B-day money to spend.  <I do have one set of MAC shadows, but they are really high pigmented pinks and purples -NOT PRACTICAL  FOR EVERYDAY USE>  So I called a friend who used to work at Ulta to ask her recommendation for a good neutral palette.  I wanted something that I could take everywhere with me instead of several singles.  She quickly suggested this.  So I figured I would give it a try.  It also came with a small bottle of their famous eye primer and a brush.  I cannot begin to tell you how great this palette is, especially used with a primer.  I've always been pretty conservative with my eye makeup, but I've started to play around with all the great colors in this.  You get such a wide variety of colors, from pigmented to matte to light pink to gunmetal black!  Go take a look at Ulta's website and zoom in on the palette to see.  Since buying this in January I have used it daily and haven't made a dent in any of them.  I've also thrown away all of my other eyeshadows, because there are so many looks to create with this.

source
 3.  E.L.F. Comestics (Eyes, Lips, Face)
 I have been using E.L.F. products for about 3 years.  I think I first read about the company in a magazine.  Back then everything was $1 except for their makeup bags.  I used to buy stuff online all the time.  But then I started seeing some products in Big Lots, and eventually they ended up in Target too!  Which of course is the best place ever!  Now they have expanded their product selection to mineral makeup and their studio line.  Their studio brushes are AMAZING, especially for $3.  They sell most of them in Target.  Don't get me wrong, not all of the products are wonderful.  But I really like their studio blushes, waterproof eyeliner, and studio brushes.  I also hear their face primer and mineral lipstick is pretty good.  The basic essential products sell for $1.  Their mineral products sell for $3-$5.  And their studio products are mostly $3.  You seriously cannot beat that! 

What are you loving this week?!
XO-Heather


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!