Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Tasty Tuesday: Light Taco Bake

So I've neglected the blog a little since last week.  Friday I was just so exhausted from the concert (we had a great time-pics coming soon).  Yesterday I had a crazy day and I worked out at the gym late.  I've let my unhealthy and lazy habits get the best of me (and my pants) lately...  So I have GOT to get back on track. 
Speaking of eating healthier.... I was thrilled to find this recipe on Six Sisters Stuff a few weeks ago.  I tried it the same week they posted it, and it was so good! The husband really liked it too!

Light Taco Bake
I don't have the stats other than WW Points are 4 per serving
Makes 12 servings (we ate it in like 4!)


24 Tortilla Chips (+ additional for serving)
1/2 TBSP Olive Oil
1 Onion, chopped
2 cloves Garlic, minced
1 lb. extra lean ground beef or ground turkey
3 TBSP Taco Seasoning
1 can Black Beans, drained
1 cup Salsa
2 cups Shredded Fat-Free or Reduced-Fat Cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a large skillet, heat oil and add onion and garlic - saute for about 5 minutes until soft.  Add meat and taco seasoning, cooking until meat is browned.  Add beans and salsa.  Mix well and cook to thicken.

Line the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish with tortilla chips.  Gently press down the chips to break into bite-sized pieces.  Spread the meat mixture over the chips.  Top with cheese. 

Bake uncovered for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbling.

We topped ours with shredded lettuce, guacamole, and jalapenos before eating.
I will definitely be making this again!
Enjoy!
XO-Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!