Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Tasty Tuesday- The HG Special Egg Mug

image source

Has everyone heard of Hugry Girl, Lisa Lillien, and seen her show on Food Network?  The Hungry Girl concept started out as a free daily email subscription for low fat and low cal recipes, swaps, snacks, new products, and ideas.  You can subscribe to her emails here.  They include some great advise and recipe ideas.  Browse around on her website too!  Now she has a cooking show that comes on Sundays at 9 on Food Network.  She's also written a few books.  I have 300 under 300 on my iPad.  
One of my favorite (and simplest) recipes she includes are called Egg Mugs.  I make them all the time in the mornings, because I love eggs!  
image source

Here's the recipe for the HG Special Egg Mug: 
PER SERVING (entire recipe): 125 calories, 2.25g fat, 772mg sodium, 3.5g carbs, 0g fiber, 2g sugars, 19.5g protein -- PointsPlus® value 3*

Ingredients:
1/2 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters Original)
1 oz. (about 2 slices) 98% fat-free turkey breast slices, roughly chopped
1 wedge The Laughing Cow Light French Onion cheese
Optional: dried minced onion
Directions:
Lightly spray a large microwave-safe mug with nonstick spray. Add egg substitute and microwave for 1 minute.
Gently stir and add turkey. Add cheese, breaking the wedge into pieces as you add it. Microwave for 45 - 60 seconds, until set.
If you like, add a little dried minced onion. Give it a light stir, and dig in!

Did you know you can cook eggs in the microwave?  I didn't until I found this.  And they taste JUST LIKE scrambled eggs.  Husband thinks this is totally gross and won't eat this.  He doesn' t know what he is missing though.  I actually don't buy egg substitute.  I just use 2 egg whites, or 3 if I'm really hungry.  You can buy a small carton of Egg Beaters for over $2.  Or you can buy a dozen eggs for like $.79 on sale!!! 
She has a few other egg mug recipes here and here.

Let me know if you try it!
XO-Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!