So since this week was our anniversary I thought it would be fun to share some quick tips for cheap date nights. I'm really easy to please when it comes to going out to dinner or a date night. I don't like expensive restaurants because it's not worth it to me, and I'm 100% ok with pizza and beer for a date night!
So here's my tips for cheap dates:
- Sign up for restaurants' email lists.
- I put this #1 because it is the best tip I have. For our anniversary we got a coupon for a free dinner at Texas de Brazil (at $50 value), a free pizza at Rotolos, a free appetizer at Lone Star Steakhouse, free chocolate covered strawberries at The Melting Pot, and a few other offers. A lot of restaurants will send you an initial offer and something on your b-day and/or anniversary. Use these coupons! We are saving the Texas de Brazil because it's good until November. But last Saturday night we went to Rotolos, ordered a pizza, drank and hung out for a few hours for $15!!!
- Sign up for daily deals sites
- They always have great offers for things to do in every area. I always buy the Fandango tickets when they are like $12 for 2. If you go to the movies it is $18. So that is a $6 savings. I keep the codes in my email. Then when we have nothing to do I check out the movie times and use one of my codes for Fandango I already bought!
- My top sites are: google offers, groupon, daily deals, screamin' daily deals, & living social
- Use restaurants.com
- You can do a search for restaurants in your area and buy $25 gift certificates for $2!!!!
- Read the fine print and make sure there are no restrictions.
- Hip2Save.com does a Weekend Restaurant Round-up every Friday to let everyone know of the deals at restaurants for the weekend.
- She also does a weekend retail round-up for shopping
- Go to a restaurant a little early for happy hour to get cheap drinks and appetizers
- Check out local wineries and breweries.
- Sometimes they give free tours and samples
- Cook at home together
- I put this last because I cook during the week everyday so it's not my ideal thing to do for a fun night. Plus, my kitchen is small so it's hard for us to do this. But other people may enjoy this!
And just for fun here are a few of my favorite pics from my wedding- since it is my anniversary week!!! I had the easiest best experience planning my wedding. We had a small wedding, and it was SO SO fun!
me & my youngest niece
Sorry about all the images! I just kept adding!!!! Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!