Wednesday, October 3, 2012

What I Ate Wednesday



I'm linking up with Peas and Crayons for What I Ate Wednesday!
 
For my morning Booty Call ( a TIU term referring to a morning workout) I did about 20 minutes of toning.  I did the Blogilates Total Body Toning routine.  

For my M1 I had a smoothie made in my Nutribullet.  It was a handful of spinach, 1/2 banana, handful of pear and apple, vanilla protein powder, and Zico coconut water.  I use the Sun Warrior vanilla brown rice protein powder.  I buy it on Amazon.  This protein powder is honestly disgusting mixed with just water.  Its really good mixed in stuff.  I like to use it in my protein pancakes and smoothies.   
 
 
I love making these smoothies when I'm in a hurry b/c it takes no time at all, and I can drink them on the way to work.  Or I put a top on it and drink it later in the day. 

I was on the road a little for work the first part of the morning. So for my M2 I had a blueberry muffin Larabar.  I absolutely love those things!  They have really grown on me!

My M3 was a salad that consisted of tempeh sauteed in siracha garlic sauce, organic girl super greens salad mix, banana peppers, cucumbers, egg whites, and Annie's tuscan italian dressing. 
Usually when I only have a little bit of these salad mixed left I'll just throw stuff together in that container and take it to work for lunch. 

M4 will be some Cedar's garlic hummus with cucumber and maybe some plain avocado.  I am so obsessed with this stuff. I drive 20 miles to Whole Foods just for this hummus.  It is the best hummus I've ever had! 

After work I'm meeting up with a friend to run 2 miles then grab some dinner to go and hang out at her house.  We're going to a local italian restaurant.  We've already decided that we're going to share a vegetarian pizza.  I know this definitely isn't TIU approved.  But hey- that's ok. I still want to participate in life and splurge every now and then, especially if it means I get to hang out with a friend!  I knew I had this planned so I didn't have any other really dense meals or grains today. 

I hope everyone is having a great Wednesday!
How often do you have splurge meals?  Do you plan around your splurges?

XO-Heather

2 comments:

  1. you are doing so good and youve totally inspired me. I'm joining ww. i know its not the same as what youre doing, but its something!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have "splurge" meals everyday. To me, a splurge meal is something carb-filled that doesn't really have any nutritional value/benefit. Like, for instance, a bowl of cream of rice cereal with stevia will be a splurge meal for me if I eat it for lunch instead of getting "real food" like a salad.

    That might sound kind of crazy. Rice? A splurge? But with food allergies there isn't really anything unhealthy that I CAN eat... So :D

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!