Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Tasty Tuesday: My New Fave Snack

via

A couple days ago a friend of mine told me about the side dish she had at an sushi restaurant.  She said it was delicious, and she asked her waitress what it was!  It was cucumbers marinated in ponzu sauce with wasabi sauce drizzled on top.

So we set out on a hunt to find ponzu and wasabi sauce.  After searching several grocery stores we found it at Albertsons.  Both products were made by Kikkoman. 

I've been eating this pretty much every day since I started making it.  It is the best thing ever. I don't even have a picture but I wanted to share this simple and quick snack.  It can be pretty spicy though depending on how much wasabi you put.

I just slice up a cucumber and put it in a tupperware container.  Then I pour some of the ponzu sauce on top and put it in the fridge until I'm ready to eat it.  I let it sit as little as 30 minutes and as long as a day before.  Then when I am ready to eat it I drizzle some of the wasabi sauce on top.  It is so delicious!


1 comment:

I love comments!