Dry Brushing is exactly like it sounds. You brush your body with a natural bristle brush when its dry (before a shower/bath). I first heard about it GlamLifeGuru's YouTube video below.
Her title intrigued me so I watched the video. Then I started my own research about it. Turns out... It has a ton of benefits. Such as:
- it helps shed dead skin cells
- it helps increase circulation to skin
- this aids your body's discharge of metabolic wastes, which helps the lymphatic drainage of the body
- basically it helps rid your body of toxins!!!
- helps to tighten the skin because it increases blood flow
- this can lessen the appearance of cellulite
- btw, cellulite is toxic! it is actually toxic materials that are accumulated in your body's fat cells
- umm hello.. i've definitely got it!
- stimulates the lymph canals
- helps with muscle tone and more even distribution of fat deposits
- rejuvenates the nervous system by stimulating nerve endings
- helps your skin to absorb nutrients by unclogging pores
I had a long handled bath brush laying around that I am using. Like this one from Amazon.
Her video also explains how to do it. But here's a quick breakdown of how I do it:
- I start at my feet and brush upward, toward the heart
- It helps to go over each area at least twice
- I brush in long strokes over my legs, front and back
- On the back of my legs I do circular motions also
- Then I do my hands and arms
- I lightly brush my stomach in circles
- I also lightly brush my back
- Then Shower!
I've read you should do this every day, and it can take up to 30 days to see results.
Anyone else do this or ever tried? Heard good/bad things about it? I will report back if I notice any differences!