I've been having this book on my Kindle for iPad for a while now to read. I would read it here and there, but I wasn't very committed to it. The beginning was a little slow... I think I was only on the third chapter or something
But yesterday I decided to give it another try. Holy Hell! I know everyone has been talking about it like crazy, and I should've known... But people tend to blow things out of proportion. So I wasn't expecting it to be quite that racy and vulgar.
But I was wrong! I read up to 53% just yesterday. I think I was on like 20% that morning morning. Ha! I really am hooked. Its hard to get to a good stopping point because its pretty intense.
But here are some random thoughts I've had about it:
- The writing is not very good
- It doesn't have a very well-developed plot- its pretty simple
- just a lot of sex!
- They use really outdated language
- I swear, Ana (main character) uses the word "surname" several times instead of freaking last name! That bothers me...
- Ana talks about her "inner goddess" A LOT!
- that is probably the one thing that throws me off. its just too cheesy for me.
- I wonder if other authors will try to mimic this since it is such a huge hit
- How the hell are they going to make a movie out of this without it being classified as porn?
- When people say that is what it is... They aren't lying... It really is!
And because I love a good SNL skit I have to share in case anyone hasn't seen it yet. Its honestly probably my one of my favorite SNL skits ever because I think its absolutely hilarious. But I will warn you its also pretty racy... So I wouldn't watch it at work! http://youtu.be/DW-4Fn-d9OY
PS I cried a little during Kristin Wiig's goodbye on the season finally of SNL last weekend. I just love her so much!
Who else is reading this? Where are you in the trilogy? I want everyone's thoughts!!!