Saturday, April 4, 2015

30 Days of Yoga

Happy Saturday and Happy Easter EVE :)
I decided that I want to make an active effort every day to be more gentle and loving with my body and mind.  You see... I'm VERY VERY type A personality/perfectionist.  I must do things the right way or no way.  I tend to be VERY hard on myself about things.  I think this is why dieting, rigid plans, being restrictive has always backfired with me.
source

I think someone would automatically think that by doing the Whole30 that would trigger those obsessive and perfectionist feelings.  I won't lie- it has a couple of times when I accidentally ate something that had some unapproved ingredients in it. But I learned from it (that I should do my research and prepare) and moved on.  But to be honest I feel like it has done the opposite.  I've learned that I need to eat more food every day and I have learned to NOURISH my body.  I don't feel like I am being restrictive because I'm putting really good quality and nourishing foods in my body at every chance I get.

Also, with the Bikini Body Guide- that is a strict workout plan.  The schedule has 3 strength training days, 3 cardio days, and 1 stretch day. I'll be honest- I don't think I have stuck to that schedule one time and I am on week 7.  I learned that because I'm doing quality effective workouts I don't feel like I need to be so hard on myself if I skip a day.  And I've skipped a few days.  I think I only skipped 1 or 2 strength days on the program. But I've skipped several cardio days.  And I don't feel bad about it.   Not at all.  And guess what- I've still seen results that I am so happy with.

When I got sick this week I took several days off and slept in... No guilt.  This is all new to me.  This is something I am working on and working at constantly.

So that brings me to my newest challenge for myself- 30 days of yoga... Yoga is something I have always wanted to get into more.  I used to go about once a week and I always really enjoyed it.  Then I stopped that for quite a while and I miss it.

I got this idea from Yoga with Adriene's 30 days of yoga series.  I am going to use her videos in addition to the local studio that I won the gift card to. After 2 years I am finally going to cash in the month of unlimited!  I think this will go hand in hand with my new attitude to be more gentle and loving to myself.

I want to go to the studio as much as I can and days that I cannot I will do one of her videos.  This may be a little hard to do in addition to the BBG workouts. But I am going to find a way to make it work even if it is a 10-15 minute practice real quick at night or before work.

I am starting today with her day 2 video because it sounded better for me- Stretch your body and soothe your soul.  I am super sore from my leg workout yesterday and I think I need this.  My schedule is a little messed up from being sick this week and I would like to get in a cardio session or a strength session later today or tomorrow.

Today is my final day of the Whole30 program and I couldn't be more pleased with myself!  I will do a full review/wrap-up of that soon!

Happy Easter!

1 comment:

  1. This is an excellent post I seen thanks to share it. It is really what I wanted to see hope in future you will continue for sharing such a excellent post.

    Balayam Yoga

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!