Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Holiday hottie week 2

Today is day 3 of week 2 of the holiday hottie series! So far I am loving the encouragement and motivation coming from K & K and the TIU community!
This week we are doing the 5 day slim down and two a day workouts.  Since I'm training for my half marathon I'm just doing my training run in the mornings and whatever toning routine they post in the afternoon.
Monday was a little rough for me because we went to the Saints game Sunday so I didn't get a morning workout in. But I did get in my PM toning that afternoon. Below is a few pics from the game. These tickets were my anniversary gift to my husband last month.

My menu for this week is looking almost exactly like the menu the last time I did the 5DSD. I just picked a couple of meals to repeat all week.
M1: I made a batch of protein pancakes at the beginning of the week for each day.
M2: either apple or pear (today I forgot my fruit so I ate a Larabar)
M3: teriyaki tempeh wraps and tuna wraps
M4: green juice (spinach, banana, apple, pear, ginger, and cilantro)
M5: garlic shrimp w/ broccoli slaw, quinoa cakes w/ cilantro pesto & roasted veggies

I have been so busy at work lately.  And as much as I love the time change so that its lighter in the mornings it is now officially completely dark when I get home at 6.  So I've been falling asleep so early lately.  But I get up at 5 am!  So I haven't put much effort into blogging. 

I hope everyone else is having a great week though!  This Saturday we will be doing an early Thanksgiving with my in-laws.  I need to figure out what I'm going to bring!  Of course it will be something healthy.  I already know they will probably not have any healthy or meatless options for me... Last night my husband even said why don't you make something healthy that you and I can eat. That made me so happy to hear him say that!  Maybe I'm rubbing off on him...

Have a great Wednesday!
XO- Heather

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!