Wednesday, March 5, 2014

21 Day Fix Week 2 Review

Sorry for the lack of posts!  Things have been crazy busy at work lately.  Then when I get home I've been doing double workouts and I haven't had a ton of free time to blog!

I wanted to give a review of my week 2 on the 21 Day Fix.

Week 2 was definitely easier that week 1.  I feel like my body is adjusting a little more to the smaller portions.  I didn't have to go out to eat any. So that helped.  Even though you totally can eat out (there is a restaurant guide).  I just prefer not to.  I really like to know what is in my food.  Its hard to tell that when you go out.

All week I pretty much ate the same things.  Shakeology for breakfast, greek yogurt and fruit for snack, salad with some kind of protein and quinoa or a turkey sandwich on Ezekial pita, hummus with a pita (if not for lunch) and then a lean protein and veggie for dinner.

This weekend posed a whole new threat for me- Mardi Gras...  My husband actually loves it way more than I do. I tend to get stressed out with all the crowds around.  But he invited his sister, brother in law, and 2 kids down to go to the Endymion parade on Saturday.  So I knew I had to go.  My biggest problem was going to be what the hell to bring to eat?! And of course... not drinking... lol...

We actually went out to the parade route Friday night and set out our stuff to secure a good spot.

Then Saturday morning my husband went back to check on everything.  I had breakfast of eggs, oatmeal, and fruit for breakfast first.  
While he did that I got in a Dirty 30 Workout from the 21 day fix.  I was so proud of myself.  I reasoned with myself for a good hour about why I didn't have to do it. I was going to be walking a lot, I had not missed a work out yet, I deserved it, etc... Finally I sucked it up and just did it! I was so happy I did.

Then I had a snack of apple & almond butter.  Then started to get ready.  Around 12:30 I ate my lunch. I had baked chicken, brown rice, and green peas.  I was upset with myself because I didn't notice until afterwards that I measured the peas in the wrong container... OOPS!  Oh well, could've been worse.

I knew that I would need 2 meals while we were out.  We were leaving around 1, but the parade didn't start until 4:00, and lasted about 3 hours.  I decided to pack a ton of water, a packet of shakeology, and a meal of a pita; turkey; hummus; bell peppers.  I figured all of those things were easy to eat.  My husband brought beer, Reese's eggs, and beef jerky... ha!

The day went fine.  I was a little hungry. But around 3:00 I ate my turkey and bell peppers and dipped my pita in the hummus.  It was easy to eat and delish!  I ended up having 1 Reese's egg (I couldn't help myself) and a few pieces of beef jerky.  I did open a beer then after a few sips realized it was stupid so I gave it away... I had to keep my focus on my goals!!!!  I ended up not even having the shakeology until when got home around 8.  The parade was over around 7:15 and we had to pack up and walk back to the car.  Plus, I wasn't super hungry.

The parade was fun! I was proud of myself.  Our niece and nephew had a great time at their first Mardi Gras, and I was so glad we went!

I weighed in Monday morning.  I was only down 1 pound from the last week- which I think makes 4lbs total. I was down to 127.8.  But the big exciting news is that my body fat % is at 19.8!!!!!  I'm so excited.  I reached my goal already!  I also took some 2 week progress pictures, and I was very pleased with them!!!  I'm down a few inches too in different places but I don't have the numbers in front of me.

So far I am extremely impressed with this program.  Its simple, easy to follow, and teaches the average person (that may know nothing about clean eating & fitness) what to eat.  If you are interested in the 21 Day Fix let me know.  I have accountability groups starting all month long.  

-Heather



1 comment:

  1. I just found you and I love reading your blog! It helps to see other people have slip ups, too (mmm, reeses!) but I don't have to be so hard on myself. Just vow to do better! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!