Thursday, July 16, 2015

This Morning's Insight

I tried blogging on Tumblr to start to create a brand/website for health coaching.  I really didn't like Tumblr. I don't know a lot about it and I just feel like blogger is so much simpler.  So here I am... Trying this again. I felt very uninspired to blog over there because I didn't fully understand the format.
I had a bit of a realization this morning at 5:30 AM while procrastinating on my workout and here I am... (I ended up not working out... Oops).  I have spent the last 2 years trying to find a balance and "what works for me" in the fitness/health world.  What worked for me in the beginning was choosing healthy foods every day and working out.  I keep thinking... It was definitely Tone It Up and I need to get back to that.  Yes, Tone It Up taught me about healthy eating and got me excited to workout.  But it was making healthy choices, running, stretching, doing yoga, weights, interval training, etc... That brought me to a good place.  I have spent so much time obsessing over what to do that I think I lost sight of the overall picture.  And now that I realize it I feel kinda dumb....  Should I do paleo, beach body, TIU, bikini body guide, gluten free, clean eating, intuitive eating?  Its exhausting.  I can't find a balance because my focus is wrong.  Who cares what its called?

Its tough for me... I'm usually determined, headstrong, and stubborn.  I tend to go all or nothing... All in or all out....  One extreme to the other.... That can be a good trait sometimes (when I'm focusing on a goal). But it also gets me in trouble.  It causes stress in my life that is so unnecessary.
Now, the tricky part will be remembering this tomorrow. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!