Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Laissez les bons temps rouler

Today meant coming back to work after my really long weekend!  And I'm back today to share a few pics from our Mardi Gras celebration.  Just the two of us went on Sunday, and we had a blast.  It was sort of our little celebration for him becoming a CPA.  We rode around a little first just looking at houses.  We would love to live in the city, but we're just not sure if it is for us.  We toy with the idea all the time.  But we both would want to live in a traditional New Orleans-style house.  But I don't know how safe I feel living in the city.  Here's one of my faves all decorated for Mardi Gras:

We went into the quarter to eat lunch.  Then we went to a bar on Bourbon, The Old Absinthe House.  We've been going here a few years.  Its a good place to people-watch.  And they have AMAZING bloody mary's (my fave).

I also wanted to share this video.  This guy was awesome!  He was a one-man band in the quarter.

Then we headed toward uptown to watch the parade.  We packed an ice chest, two chairs, and a case of Bud Light!  We had to walk about 9 blocks from where we parked to get to the beginning of the parade route.   
So here are a few of my favorite floats.  Sorry for the bad quality.  Its tough to take pics with your phone as the floats are passing, especially standing behind people.
Will Ferrell- I totally missed him.  His float rolled first.  The float said "More Cowbell" on front! 

Gator

King Kong- its tradition for the crowd to throw the beads at this float! 

Can't remember the name of this one, but it was pretty!

Louisiana Sports

Whale


Bachasaurus

And then on the way home as we were driving I snapped this picture of the dome all lit up!





Can't wait until next year!  Maybe by then Husband won't be working in public accounting and we can celebrate a little more!
XO-Heather

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, these pictures made me so homesick! Agh it looks like yall had a wonderful time! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!