Monday, April 6, 2015

Weekend Wrap Up

I hope everyone's Easter was filled with candy, relaxing, and family.
This weekend was very low key!
Friday night I went to the gym to do my Bikini Body Guide leg workout. It was KILLER!
Saturday was so lazy.  I woke up and had to go get my brows done.  Then I came back home and pretty much did nothing for the rest of the day/night.
I cooked Mexican burgers for dinner.  Basically, a hamburger topped with homemade guacamole!  Saturday was my last day of the Whole 30!
Then we randomly played Monopoly and watched tv the rest of the night.

Since Sunday was my first day off of the Whole30 I planned on introducing dairy back into my diet and keeping everything else as it was to see how it affected me over a couple of days. I cooked my eggs in butter, ate some cheese, and a little yogurt.
Then husband and I went on a long bike ride.  Afterwards he went to the store and returned with my absolute favorite candy of all time!  Cadbury Cream Eggs.  I decided to have a couple.
It kinda ruined my plan to slowly reintroduce the foods that I've been avoiding. I did get a headache almost immediately after. I don't know if it was a coincidence or the sugar did it. Oh well...
The rest of the day was spent relaxing, washing clothes and meal prepping.  Here are a few things I made for the week:

Homemade Ghee/ Clarified butter

Fresh Almond Milk

Paleo tortillas/wraps from Against All Grain's cookbook- Meals Made Simple
Not pictured:  Flank Steak in the crockpot and meatballs

Sunday night we ended with fish tacos

Grilled cod, paleo wraps, avocado, lettuce, cilantro, and pineapple salsa

I am absolutely loving making all of this stuff at home recently!  My grocery bill has went up but because we are eating every meal at home we have been saving money on not eating out and drinking on the weekends!  My next project I will start soon is homemade Kombucha!!!
Do you meal prep for the week?  What's your usual Sunday routine?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!