Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Tasty Tuesday: Frito Pie & a few outfits

The husband and I had a fun-filled weekend spending time together.  We went to the mall on Saturday to get him some new glasses.  We also got a recliner for an early anniversary present for him.  We get to pick it up on Saturday.  He's so excited!  He's a pretty red leather.  Our couches are black leather.  So I think it will look good.  Here's my outfit from our 5 hour shopping trip.  Notice I sported Saints colors all weekend (husband loved it)!

top: Gap; skirt: Urban Outfitters; necklace: Macy's; belt: Target

Sunday we went to New Orleans for the day.  The weather was absolutely perfect, and we didn't want to waste it inside.  So we made the little hour trip to The Big Easy for the day.  We watched the Saints game at a quirky little bar in the quarter and ate a delish pizza for lunch.  After the game we walked around in the quarter a bit before heading back home for the night. 
Here's a few pics of my outfit for the day.  The first pic is in Jackson Square right in front of the Saint Louis Cathedral, one of my favorite spots in the Quarter.  I wanted to get married so bad in Jackson Square, but it just wasn't possible.  We took our engagement pictures in New Orleans, and this was the backdrop for a few of them. 


tank: AE; jeans: buckle; shoes: Target; bag: Coach

Now onto one of my new favorite recipes: homemade turkey chili.  I put this in the crock pot before we left on Sunday.  It was super easy and quick to make.  It's also a good budget meal since the ingredients are pretty cheap.  The recipe was found on skinnytaste.com

Turkey Chili
Servings: 12 Serving Size: 10.8 oz , Calories: 206.3, Fat: 1.4 g

  • 1.3 lb (20 oz) fat free ground turkey breast
  • 1 small onion, chopped
  • 1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes
  • 1 (16 oz) can tomato sauce
  • 1 (4.5 oz) can chopped chilies, drained
  • 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, undrained
  • 1 (15.5 oz) can black beans, undrained
  • 1 (15.5 oz) can small red beans, undrained
  •  1 can corn
  • 2 tbsp chili powder
Brown turkey and onion in a skillet.
Drain any fat remaining and transfer to crock pot.  Add everything else!
Cook on high 6-8 hours.
I topped mine with green onions and cheese.  You can also top with sour cream.  I ate mine over Fritos for an amazing Frito Pie!
Here's a pic from my lunch today:
 
Sorry for the complete randomness of today's post.  But I really wanted to share both things with you guys!
Happy Tuesday!
XO-Heather

1 comment:

  1. frito pie! YUM! i'm gonna have to try this recipe soon.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!